As some of you might already know, I’m selling a computer. This is most of the pieces from my desktop workstation before my latest round of upgrades. A lot of blood sweat and tears has gone into this machine. None of the components are more than a year and a half old, except for the case which is maybe 4 years old.
I am asking $550 for it. If you want to change any of the components, let me know. I can probably work something out if you buy the parts I might be able to install them. For example, if you need more/larger hard drives, or a faster video card, or a quieter case, etc.
Here are the quick specs for anyone interested:
- Intel Quad Core @ 3.0 Ghz
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
- 4GB of RAM
- 320GB Hard Drive
- DVD burner w/Lightscribe
- ATI 3650 Video Card
It is used, so there are a few minor flaws.
- The front USB ports don’t work
- The computer is a little louder than average
The best use for this computer is as a workstation editing photos and videos, or heavy multi-tasking. It will also play most modern games at medium to medium-high settings. If all you do it surf the internet, this computer is too much for you. It is also too loud to use as a media PC.
Now for a little more specifics for those who are still reading…
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
- CPU Cooling: Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
- RAM: 4GB (2x2GB) G.Skill PC2 6400 DDR2 RAM (5-5-5-15 timings) @ 832Mhz
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L
- Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3650 512MB by SAPPHIRE with Dual DVI & composite out
- Audio: Onboard audio has 6-channel audio and SPDIF digital out
- Hard Drive: 320GB Western Digital WD3200AAKS
- Power Supply: Antec Basiq 500W
- Case: APEVIA Full Tower. Removable hard drive cages with mounts for 80mm fans. Max of 6 80mm case fans. 4×3.5″ internal drives bays, 4×5.25″ external drive bays
- 10 USB ports at the rear
I’ve overclocked this procesor (Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600) from the standard 2.4Ghz up to 3.0Ghz. Basically, overclocking is the equivalent to putting a turbo on a car. So the Front-Side Bus is overclocked to 333MHz from 266MHz, the processor goes up correspondingly to 3.0Ghz and the RAM is up to 832Mhz from 800Mhz. So it’s quite a bit faster than any comparable machine you’d be likely to get from a store. In fact, compare the price for any 3.0Ghz Quad core (if you can find one) and you’ll see they usually run well over $1000. I am very careful with voltages and temperatures, this computer is running very stably at reasonable voltages and temperatures (I will post them if you are interested). CPU Cooling is by an aftermarket Artic Freezer 7 Pro.
UPDATE: Vista Windows Experience scores
- Processor – 5.9 (this is the max on Vista)
- Memory (RAM) – 5.9 (this is the max on Vista)
- Graphics – 5.6
- Gaming Graphics – 5.2
- Primary Hard Disk – 5.9 (this is the max on Vista)
A few pictures of the computer… (apologies if they’re a little dark)
2 responses to “Computer for Sale”
i’m more interested in what’s on your bookshelf in the background… what you reading?
How in the world did you notice the bookshelf? LOL
Maybe I’ll get around to putting a list. Basically, a bunch of sci-fi :)